Friday 22 October 2010

How do I know if my USB Ports are broken?

It will not Connect or CHARGE any of my ipods.



%26amp; It won't connect my PSP either.



What do I do? There is nothing wrong with the PSP or Ipod cables.



Is there something I can run that will tell me my USB ports are broken.



Or maybe someone clicked something on the computer to turn them off?How do I know if my USB Ports are broken?
Since you're having trouble with 2 devices, it's a good bet that it is the port and not the device or cable.



My only other suggestion would be to check that your drivers are up to date. Navigate to Start%26gt;Settings%26gt;Control Panel%26gt;System%26gt;Hardware%26gt;Device Manager...find Universal Serial Bus controllers at the bottom of the list and expand it. If any of them have a yellow exclamation point over the icon, you have found your source of trouble. Right click on the device and click ';Update Driver'; (for WinXP) or right click and select ';Properties'; and ';Driver'; and ';update driver'; for previous versions.



If this does not solve your problem, it may be something physical with the port itself--if you have the expertise (or adventurousness!) you may want to pop open the case to make sure the card is seated right and everything is still plugged in.



Best of luck!!How do I know if my USB Ports are broken?
I had this problem before %26amp; I had to have my motherboard replaced. As a temp solution, unplugging the computer for a few minutes usually resets everything. Ipods can be tricky. I found that I need to be sure to open itunes first before I plug in my ipod or sometimes it freezes up my computer. Good luck.
Check the Power tab in USB Root Hub properties to check the power usage. To access the Power tab, open the Device Manager, expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers, and double-click the USB Root Hub. In the Properties dialog box, click the Power tab and check the Hub Information area for details about power usage. Repeat this process for each USB Root Hub listed in the Device Manager.





try these sources.



http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/1904p0鈥?/a>



http://tech.yahoo.com/gd/pc-troubleshoot鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment