Friday 22 October 2010

How can I solve this problem of who's fault that my computer broke down?

Ok, so I took my computer which is a HP Pavilion to some computer tech guys to fix my usb port because their was no connection or power. The guys said it has something to do with my motherboard which a fuse or something for the usb is not working because of connecting psp, ipod, and etc. that charges off usb or something. Well they changed my internal hard drive and ram to put in new ones, but i told them not to so they took it back out. I took my tower back home and when I turned it on the log in screen was ok but when I got to the desk top it seemed like it has gotten rebooted. It shows that my stuff are still there, but for some reason the computer tech said its in a locked folder which I never seen before appeared in my computer and they wanted charge me for something that they did wrong. They are saying that my space in hard drive was to low, but I know it was fast because I used it before giving it to them. Ok, so my question is what should I do report them or something? If possible how easy is it for me to open the lock folder or regain my stuffs?

Sorry it's a long story but THANK YOU IF YOU CAN HELP!=)How can I solve this problem of who's fault that my computer broke down?
I would assume you are running Windows XP with a password prompt at startup.



XP ';locks'; certain directories, if you've put a password on your account. This is to keep other people from merely taking out your hard drive, placing it in another computer as a non-startup drive, then trying to read your data without your password or your permission.



XP is also aware of the hardware setup within your machine. If you alter certain parts of the hardware (I don't know if RAM qualifies) then you'll need to re-authorize your copy of XP to continue using it. This is so you don't go using the single copy of XP on multiple machines.



It's possible that hard drive you have in there now, is not your original anymore and they merely moved folders to the new drive? XP considers itself to be on a new machine somehow therefore won't allow access to those locked folders?



The easiest way of undoing this, in my opinion, would be to restore the physical condition of the computer to the way it was BEFORE they changed the guts. This means having the previous hard drive, with the SAME serial number as when you gave it to them.



Did you authorize them to make extensive changes, such as changing hard drives? If so, I'd say they don't have much responsibility. You would have asked them to do what they could to restore your hardware functionality - whatever happens to the software, files, etc... is up in the air.



For what it's worth, if my data were to every leave my house or personal possession, I would back up everything I think is valuable, in a separate place.



Sorry you're having these kinds of troubles. I hope it works out for you.How can I solve this problem of who's fault that my computer broke down?
Ok but the hardrive says that my file hasn't gone anywhere. It still contain the ammount of space that I gave to them when I had it, but I'm not sure if they really took out my info. but when i log in with my pw I could but desktop seem whip out?

Report Abuse


There seems to be a lot going on here and I'm not sure what is happening exactly but I will try and help. If you feel that you have been wronged than speak to a supervisor or manager (if there is one) and let him know that you feel that you were taken for a ride. If there is no supervisor or such (the guy works alone) then express this to him. If they do not want to do anything for you, tell them that you are going to give very poor recommendations about their business to anyone you know. Always keep your cool while doing this and you will probably get some positive answers.Hope this helps.
i can try unlock it for u since they want more money for it u can report them for stuff like that since they can decide and must let u know what they are gonna do and they probably stole the data too so privacy sucks around here too

if its a locked folder there is a way to unlock it can u send me a screenshot of it and i will look into it

its hidden too so u would have to unhide them so go to google and type in unhide folder in xp

if u dont have xp then type the system which would probably be vista

No comments:

Post a Comment